Thursday, August 15, 2013

An Educated Patient Makes a Decision

It wakes me earlier than I wanted to be up
and all the propping and repositioning I can
conceive of makes no difference

It's not excruciating now, I guess,
but deep and steady and wearisome
and I'd like to be rid of it

I'm going to fire my doctor, who won't see me for
another week, and I am considering narcotics of which I
am deeply afraid and averse to after seeing
legions of addicts born out of similar circumstances

Frankly, I'm thinking about
amputating the left side of my ass myself
I'm pretty sure step by step instructions
are available on line

3 comments:

  1. wow, scary decisions!
    better to try medications and physiotherapy first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. best take into consideration a lifetime of custom made pants :l

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Visitor Map