Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stuck Kid (II)

Remember me? No? I'm the kid from last week who was stuck for five days in the emergency department's locked waiting room. Want to know something crazy? I'm still stuck. Yup, now it's been like eleven days or something - I don't even know anymore. What am I here for again?

Oh yeah, they want to put me in a psychiatric hospital, but none of them will take me. Of course most of them are always full, and the rest don't want to mess with me, my issues, or the fact that I'm going to need an out of home placement for the long term. And where's that coming from? It's not in the state budget, that's for damn sure.

In the meantime, I'm just chillin' - watching cartoons on the pediatric medical floor in a general hospital - not because I'm sick, right, but because these people got no place to put me. That means when a kid who's sick for real comes up in here, there's nowhere to put her. That's mad whack, right?

You know what's mad creepy, yo? I heard a story on the radio, on NPR, today about this exact same thing - psychiatric patients stuck in emergency rooms. The dude they had on there was waiting.. like.. thirty hours or something, and he was all complaining and shit. Pffft, home boy don't even know !

5 comments:

  1. Yes, That's really mad whack,
    does it mean unexpected and increasing number of psychiatric patients for not enough places in psychiatric hospitals?
    whatever, very sad to hear that some innocent kids are suffering from such illnesses and stuck in such troubles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MRM! Good to hear from you again. Did you go home for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot dear Glen,
    Yes, I am back to my country, here everything is filtered on internet, facebook, YouTube and even blogspot, I use proxy to access them, still looking forward to reading your posts

    ReplyDelete
  4. MRM, I wish you peace and safety. So much change, so fast...

    ReplyDelete
  5. many thanks dear Glen, that's all the best you could wish for me, THANKS!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Visitor Map