Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Plan

I half remember something said about the sound of God's laughter related to making plans, but I'm making one anyway. Maybe it's the long winter or too many years of too many jobs, but I have this asthma-like sensation, the inability to fully exhale - mild panic. I want to go, to walk - and it's not abandoning ship - not escape that I'm looking for, just motion. June is the month in which so many reportedly love New York , so I thought it would be a good time to visit. The plan is to stay out for 24 hours and make it to all five boroughs - Manhattan, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Queens, and the Bronx - on foot, aided only by public transportation when necessary, or the good will of the local inhabitants - if I find any. I'll take some time to write in a notebook and snap some pictures and hopefully make something out of this need to roam.


1 comment:

  1. What a nice plan, nothing works better than a planned trip for relaxing and refreshing the body and mind, especially on feet, street-walking short trip in a city full of attractive, it would be perfect to have a time for a theater in Broadway!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Visitor Map