Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Special Election

Post election nausea. Massachusetts gave Ted Kennedy's seat to a Republican. People are excited, like some tyrant has been toppled. I hear this buzz and I don't recognize the people talking. They think somehow the Democrats are responsible for our current troubles after being in power for a year. The last administration's 8 years has nothing to do with this? I always choke when I hear the thought process of people interviewed as they leave the polls. Their reasons for choosing a candidate often reduce me to temporary despair. Will we ever grow into the power the right to vote has afforded us? We either blow it off or we wear it like a t-shirt to reflect some lifestyle choice. Political affiliation is now a package deal that we readily adopt, digest and become. One against the other. Solving problems is trumped by seizing and keeping power. The result is inertia.

NASCAR or NPR? What do you claim?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Map