Friday, December 10, 2010

Closer To Knowing What I'm Doing

Not very long ago I was RIFed by my employer. Sounds like a violent crime that might take place in a public toilet or something, right? It stands for Reduction In Force and translates into laid off. I was depressed to see how much I have invested in my professional self and by how quickly I turn on myself when things get a little dicey. I'm now employed again by a different employer doing the same work for much less money, and thankful for it. Today in a meeting with formerly former colleagues, I told one of them I realized during my period of obscurity that my lot in life was not to live in the castle, but to storm it - now she probably thinks I'm nuts, but it's all a little clearer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Visitor Map