Saturday, June 25, 2011

Social Psychology

One man walks up to the bar - a white man. He asks for a beer. A second man stands behind the bar - a brown man. He gets the beer. A third man sits at the bar - a black man. He drinks beer out of a green glass bottle and water from a clear plastic one.

"He kinda remind me of Clark Kent", the black man says, not really looking at anyone.

"It's the glasses. I've heard that once or twice before", the white man answers back glancing at the side of the black man's face. What he sees is not provocation, only observation.

"Naw, it's not just the glasses. You kinda bashful."

"I'm stiff too", the white man replies self deprecatingly.

"That jes goes wit the bashful"

"You see a lot out of the corner of your eye. I've been standing here like twenty seconds"

"It's what I do. It's what I study. Weed has done most of the teachin... that and life."

"I don't know much about that, but I've heard it can make you laugh harder than you ever laughed before"

"Took that bashful away, right?"

"I might worry that I wouldn't be able to get it back in the bottle"

"See, that's because you shouldna been in no bottle in the first place. All you ever gotta be is yourself"

"You pay attention. I don't think most people do."

"That's the problem"

"That's one of them"

"This man, here (the bartender), never seen me when I wasn't higher than an eagle's ass"

The white man stretches out his hand and says his name. The black man does the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Visitor Map