Thursday, January 13, 2011

A guy once told me that we create the world with our thoughts; in other words, the world I see is me.  I couldn't accept that idea then from a man who almost never left his room and spent most of his days drunk with his head in computer games while we lived in a crack ravaged, economically forsaken mill town. It stuck with me though, as all those black thoughts poured out of me like soot down through the years. I'm doing it now, though I'm trying not to.

That notion comes back to mind now in America with the political discourse being what it is and a politically motivated, psychotically driven shooting spree in the news. Words have power. Thoughts expressed have consequences. Writing can move people. It makes you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Visitor Map