A kid calls - 14, not doing well, doesn't want to
inconvenience us, doesn't want us to tell her mother she called.
She's a thinker and depressed
wants to talk, but doesn't say much.
I think what she really wants is to listen
and she's listening for an answer,
something to hold on to, wisdom...
I want to tell her that you can't think yourself out of this -
you just continue, just take the next breath, just take the next step
- one after one.
It's not plodding, it's endurance.
I want to tell her that,
but I don't.
She might find a better way.
- ► 2013 (255)
- ► 2012 (243)
- Surfin Bird
- A Silly Movie And A Great Song From The 80s
- Post Holiday Funk Haiku
- Although I've never been there, I was lonely in Be...
- Cold Snap
- Uninspired or Unaware?
- From His Final Speech Delivered 24 Hours Before Hi...
- Mr. Cash - Hurt
- Saturday Night Phone Call
- Give This a Listen
- A guy once told me that we create the world with o...
- Big Snow
- It's a Prison of Sound
- There's No Music Here
- Pancho And Lefty
- They Came Wearing Robes of Crimson And Black
- Red Wing
- Don't Corner Him
- ▼ January (29)
- ► 2010 (210)