Thursday, February 10, 2011

3. Step Out of The Confusion




I agree, disconnection
has something to do with what
we're dealing with now,
with how we lost our understanding.

I was reminded of that today
listening to someone talk
about growing food -
remembered days when everything that
was not water was trivia.

When you could feel your body
dying for lack of it
you developed understanding in a hurry -
priorities.

With all the static, noise, distraction, right now
how can we possibly understand?

We have succeeded in diverting ourselves
from the cure for what sickens us,
inoculated ourselves against understanding.

We deny what we know.

For instance,
if I were to say to you something like,
"WE ARE PART OF THE EARTH."
what would you think of me?

Exactly!
and that's precisely what I'd think of you
if you said it.

I'm afraid until that reaction changes,
on a very large scale,
we are pretty much
screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Visitor Map