Thursday, October 14, 2010
Goddamn Man, I Didn't Mean That Hard
Well, I guess my instincts are still good. Today I walked into my supervisor's office for our weekly meeting and noticed a stern faced human resources person sitting at the table - "uh-oh", I said. They informed me that my position had been eliminated, the one that provides me and my family with a good salary (for once) and health insurance, and that about 99 other people in the company were getting the same news today. They told me about how to apply for unemployment insurance, COBRA, and EAP services. They told me I was a real asset to the department and that this decision had nothing to do with my work performance, my leadership style or anything else I had done or not done. Then they assigned an employed manager to escort me to my office to collect my personal effects and then to the front door and out into the cold October sunshine.
Posted by Glen Green at 10:55 PM
- ► 2013 (255)
- ► 2012 (243)
- ► 2011 (424)
- Muddy Water Turned To Wine
- Out Of This Gloom, Out of This Rut
- Silver, Smoke and Cold
- Status Update
- James Brown - Refuse to Lose
- Meditation #1: The Lay Off
- Goddamn Man, I Didn't Mean That Hard
- Next Time, Just Slap Me
- Blue Cheese, Salami, Green Olive Tapenade, Bagel C...
- From the Repo Man soundtrack
- Swans - Tomorrow Night in New York
- Circus Elephants Transmit Tuberculosis
- Thanks For Looking In
- Rest in Peace, Dr. Robert Morgan - Friend.
- House Red
- Bukowski - "Bluebird" read by Harry Dean Stanton
- ▼ October (21)