I haven't posted in the last few days because I've been focused on my job search. I had two interviews yesterday, one with the same company that laid me off. They offered me a job in a different department for a significantly smaller salary than what I was making. The second interview was with the non-profit agency where I currently work sometimes. They want to basically hire me to do the same job I was doing at the other place for a much smaller salary. I haven't decided yet, and I'm still looking, but with three kids in this country you need medical insurance. Any sudden medical problem will leave you broke for life without insurance, and health insurance coverage for a family is going to cost you right around $15,000 a year. Employers are paying less and less of the rising premiums going forward. It's a trap, but it feels like security. Freedom is an interesting concept and still somewhere out there, away from here. Of course, there may be those reading this from other places in the wprld who understand freedom and its relativity very differently.
Anyway, thanks for reading.
- ► 2013 (255)
- ► 2012 (243)
- ► 2011 (424)
- Muddy Water Turned To Wine
- Out Of This Gloom, Out of This Rut
- Silver, Smoke and Cold
- Status Update
- James Brown - Refuse to Lose
- Meditation #1: The Lay Off
- Goddamn Man, I Didn't Mean That Hard
- Next Time, Just Slap Me
- Blue Cheese, Salami, Green Olive Tapenade, Bagel C...
- From the Repo Man soundtrack
- Swans - Tomorrow Night in New York
- Circus Elephants Transmit Tuberculosis
- Thanks For Looking In
- Rest in Peace, Dr. Robert Morgan - Friend.
- House Red
- Bukowski - "Bluebird" read by Harry Dean Stanton
- ▼ October (21)