I caught a glimpse of an old friend in my mind's eye, and goose bumps shot up my arms. We were on shore leave together in a foreign land more than twenty five years ago. That number, the time gone, the memories blurred and mixed with neglected friendships trigger that feeling of the bottom dropping out again, regret for everything lost, longing for all that has gone by, a sudden and acute loneliness. It's too great to face - almost better not to remember - just put your head down and continue the march. But I'm glad for the flash of memory today - a Polaroid someone snapped of you and I passed out in folding chairs on a bustling sidewalk in Hong Kong the morning after something I can't remember. I was just a few days past nineteen.
Friday, March 18, 2011
- ► 2013 (255)
- ► 2012 (243)
- Mr. Orbison - My Prayer
- Mr. D.J. II
- The National - Anyone's Ghost
- Middle Aged And Off The Chain
- A Little Bit More OFF!
- Nick Drake - If You Have Time, Just Let It Keep Pl...
- Mr. D.J.
- Steal To The Sea
- When You Laugh, What Does It Mean?
- On Every Train
- Another from Shine
- The Sign Says KEEP OUT!
- Home Is Far From Here
- Alligator Wine - Screamin Jay Hawkins
- Looking down into the bowl, I could not help but c...
- El Polen
- From Out of Nowhere, Liston Davis Walks Through Th...
- For Catherine (Golden) Green
- A Moment To Reflect
- My Daughter at Choir Practice
- In Lieu Of A Lullaby (For Japan)
- Jack Says...
- From France
- How Do You Do?
- Black Mountain
- In Contact With What Remains
- Mr. Berryman and Mr. Smith Cross a Bridge
- Pursued By Another Bass Line From Somewhere in My ...
- This Bass Line Followed Me Around All Day
- ▼ March (35)
- ► 2010 (210)