Now that our souls are crushed to bits of bitter spent coffee grounds, I would like to put forth a challenge to you, dear readers. I want to know how souls are built, what feeds yours, what makes it grow and thrive (if it is growing and thriving)?
I think I could write a thousand pages in a weekend about all the enemies of the soul and revel in it, but what about the protectors of the soul, it's friends? For me, that means having to dig deeper.
This speaks to a dilemna I experience when I sit down to write, in that generally what comes out of me is kind of dark, and I end up asking myself if more darkness is what the world really needs and being disappointed in my writing.
It seems to me it's the soul - it's light - that needs the help, and maybe we have a unique opportunity as writers to do something about this.
So I ask you - reader, visitor, lurker, friend - what feeds your soul?
- ► 2013 (255)
- ► 2012 (243)
- Cancion Mixteca from Paris,Texas
- For The Lion On The Lamb Now Gone
- Not Much Thought About A Visitor Now Deceased
- Come Here My Love - This Mortal Coil
- Island of Lost Children
- Dog Day
- Boris = Farewell
- Barry Adamson - Can't Get Loose
- Dark and Stormy
- Respectfully and With Thanks
- Choke Cherry Moon
- Peter Murphy
- Heeding The Call
- Sunny, Dry and Blue is The Sky
- Henry Weighs In On Darkness and Light
- Psycho Therapy!
- Now That's A Headline
- Can't Nickname The Truth
- Soul Food Challenge
- Soul Killer (It's The Little Things)
- Foi Na Cruz
- Life In A Day Trailer
- .45 Grave
- 45 Haiku
- Youth And Vigor Brought to You By Minor Threat
- Independence Day Fireworks Display
- ▼ July (28)
- ► 2010 (210)