Monday, August 30, 2010

My Secret Society's Annual Report

When I was a kid I read a lot of comic books and developed a burning desire to embark on an epic mission against staggering odds. In fourth grade, I got the notion to start a secret society - an invisible and elite force for good, fighting evil and holding the world together behind the scenes. I developed an eye for recruits, selected three or four, assigned them code names and training missions, but we were broken by internal differences before we had the chance to do anybody any good. Secret society members are not without ego and, believe me, they present some management challenges. Now, I do my recruiting secretly - not even the members I select know they're in. This policy has been good for stability but we've yet to achieve our first year benchmarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Visitor Map