Wednesday, August 25, 2010
I knew a healer once who told me that the work she did came directly from the eye of the universe, and because of this, "burnout" just couldn't happen to her. You can say what you want about healers, but I felt it happen first hand. Today I found myself wishing for her access to that thing. A man in his late 20s, mother recently died, ten thousand dollars cash stuffed in his pockets and a hatchet in his backpack - so lost and afraid of everything he's dangerous now, and he gets restrained by the police - one's got his knee on the young man's head. I wished for her hands, that I could lay them on him and silently level the waves of his terrible invisible electrical storm.
Posted by Glen Green at 11:01 AM
- ► 2013 (255)
- ► 2012 (243)
- ► 2011 (424)
- An Informed Citizenry?
- Poems for September
- Canned Heat - On The Road Again
- My Twenty-Four Hour Summer
- My Secret Society's Annual Report
- More Nostalgia - Strange Children's Television - L...
- Mulatu Astatke of Ethiopia
- More Third Grade Nostalgia
- Say Your Prayers
- Henry Rollins in Israel
- Hooked On a Feeling - Blue Suede
- Whopper Head
- What A Concept!
- A Hint of Fall
- Rowland S. Howard - Pop Crimes
- A Segment From Baraka
- The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio
- Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - She Fell Away
- Die Haut with Lydia Lunch - Der Karibische Western...
- Saturday Round Midnight In The ER
- Mr. John Lee Hooker - Tupelo
- Crisis Stabilization Unit
- Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - The Carny
- Crime And The City Solution - Angel
- Hope Sandoval and The Warm Intentions - Sets The B...
- Ketty Lester - Love Letters
- Cocteau Twins - Alice
- Stay Gold
- Junior Kimbrough - Sad Days and LonelyNights
- Tom Waits - Alice
- A Visitor!
- Who Am I Now?
- Make A Lake
- National Novel Writing Month, A Kick In The Pants ...
- Empathy for My Devil
- Irritation Nation
- Vic Chesnutt- Everything I Say
- It's Not You, It's Me
- Singing Lesson
- ▼ August (44)