Monday, August 30, 2010
My Twenty-Four Hour Summer
Yeah, all work made Jack a dull boy alright, and a borderline psychotic one too. So I took this weekend off before the kids went back to school. I spent a day with my nine year old getting tumbled by big surf - laughing, coughing, gagging and drinking up half the North Atlantic. Now they're all asleep and this day was well spent. You can't save days, but maybe if you're careful and lucky you can spend a few of them well. Monday is waiting though, just over there, to pull me back into the long march
Posted by Glen Green at 11:13 AM
- ► 2013 (255)
- ► 2012 (243)
- ► 2011 (424)
- An Informed Citizenry?
- Poems for September
- Canned Heat - On The Road Again
- My Twenty-Four Hour Summer
- My Secret Society's Annual Report
- More Nostalgia - Strange Children's Television - L...
- Mulatu Astatke of Ethiopia
- More Third Grade Nostalgia
- Say Your Prayers
- Henry Rollins in Israel
- Hooked On a Feeling - Blue Suede
- Whopper Head
- What A Concept!
- A Hint of Fall
- Rowland S. Howard - Pop Crimes
- A Segment From Baraka
- The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio
- Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - She Fell Away
- Die Haut with Lydia Lunch - Der Karibische Western...
- Saturday Round Midnight In The ER
- Mr. John Lee Hooker - Tupelo
- Crisis Stabilization Unit
- Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - The Carny
- Crime And The City Solution - Angel
- Hope Sandoval and The Warm Intentions - Sets The B...
- Ketty Lester - Love Letters
- Cocteau Twins - Alice
- Stay Gold
- Junior Kimbrough - Sad Days and LonelyNights
- Tom Waits - Alice
- A Visitor!
- Who Am I Now?
- Make A Lake
- National Novel Writing Month, A Kick In The Pants ...
- Empathy for My Devil
- Irritation Nation
- Vic Chesnutt- Everything I Say
- It's Not You, It's Me
- Singing Lesson
- ▼ August (44)