Monday, August 23, 2010
I just heard part of an interview with Peter Wolf on a car radio - it was interrupted by having to call police about two girls and a crowd of people beating on another girl outside the local inebriate shelter. The sound of his voice and the autumn feel in the night air tripped a nostalgic feeling. Peter Wolf was the lead singer of the J. Geils Band for 17 years. He's a great frontman, and a great radio personality and radio historian. So good hearing him talk about live radio and how great it was. I guess there's still some around, but it sure seems rare. He's got a recent album called Midnight Souvenirs featuring him doing duets with various folks.
Posted by Glen Green at 8:07 PM
- ► 2013 (255)
- ► 2012 (243)
- ► 2011 (424)
- An Informed Citizenry?
- Poems for September
- Canned Heat - On The Road Again
- My Twenty-Four Hour Summer
- My Secret Society's Annual Report
- More Nostalgia - Strange Children's Television - L...
- Mulatu Astatke of Ethiopia
- More Third Grade Nostalgia
- Say Your Prayers
- Henry Rollins in Israel
- Hooked On a Feeling - Blue Suede
- Whopper Head
- What A Concept!
- A Hint of Fall
- Rowland S. Howard - Pop Crimes
- A Segment From Baraka
- The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio
- Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - She Fell Away
- Die Haut with Lydia Lunch - Der Karibische Western...
- Saturday Round Midnight In The ER
- Mr. John Lee Hooker - Tupelo
- Crisis Stabilization Unit
- Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - The Carny
- Crime And The City Solution - Angel
- Hope Sandoval and The Warm Intentions - Sets The B...
- Ketty Lester - Love Letters
- Cocteau Twins - Alice
- Stay Gold
- Junior Kimbrough - Sad Days and LonelyNights
- Tom Waits - Alice
- A Visitor!
- Who Am I Now?
- Make A Lake
- National Novel Writing Month, A Kick In The Pants ...
- Empathy for My Devil
- Irritation Nation
- Vic Chesnutt- Everything I Say
- It's Not You, It's Me
- Singing Lesson
- ▼ August (44)