Sunday, September 26, 2010
Goddamn Thing Keeps Stalling
You give the thing a violent shaking, cursing it, partly because the days and nights have conspired to seal you out, not overtly, but it's clear your access has been limited. Like a table of high school girls carrying on loudly as though you weren't there turning your questioning of crazy into knowledge. The leaves are gold in the warm dry air tinged with wood smoke and they fall intermittently to the ground already dry. It's too dry here now, you say to the dusk, who wants nothing to do with you, and you flash briefly on the whole area going up in a tornado of fire - the house, the neighbors, all. You cannot help but notice that half the world drowns while the other half burns. You'd better get the rest of the grass cut.
Posted by Glen Green at 7:21 PM
- ► 2013 (255)
- ► 2012 (243)
- ► 2011 (424)
- So Long, Lonesome
- 30. Windshield Wipers
- 29. Tangled Alright
- Low -Lullaby
- 28. Not Without Glory
- 27. Haiku For A Late September Morning
- Goddamn Thing Keeps Stalling
- 26. Infinite Samba
- 1984 - Let's Go Crazy and 99 Red Balloons
- 1984 - This Didn't Quite Make The Billboard Top 10...
- 25. Open House
- 24. The Hatch
- 23. Mansion Squatters
- 22. Long Distance Call
- Midnight Oil - Short Memory
- 1983 - I'd Have Gone Rockabilly If I Had Better Hair
- 21. Dining Alone
- 20. Midlife Haiku
- Art Form
- 19. I Didn't Mow The Lawn, Again
- 18. Apple Picking
- 17. Transparent
- 16. Sniff? Sniff? Is that You?
- Sammy Ramone
- 15. Stand or Fall
- 14. Elders
- 1981- Devo and The Greg Khin Band
- 13. Oh Sleep
- 1980 - Gary Numan and Christopher Cross
- 12. Another Way Of Putting It
- 1979 - Styx and Toto
- Jack says...
- 11. 9/11
- 1978 - Patti Smith and Sweet
- Bethel, Alaska!
- 10. Quit It
- 1977 - Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle
- Wait Til Your Unconcious Gets Home
- 9. Walking In The Sand
- 1976 - Rhythm Heritage - The Theme From S.W.A.T.
- 8. This Year You Write Your Novel
- 1975 - Janice Ian - At Seventeen
- 7. Main Street
- Jack Says...
- Strangers in The Garden
- 1974 - The Loco-Motion - Grand Funk Railroad
- It's This.
- 6. Labor Day
- 1973 - Another Selection Because Rock Is Necessary...
- Two for 1973 - Jim Croce and Paul Simon
- 1972 - Saturday In The Park - Chicago
- 1971 - Joy To The World - Three Dog Night
- 5. Octopus Song
- 1970 - B.J. Thomas - Rain Drops Keep Falling on My...
- 4. Spared
- To My 6 Sentences Friends in New Orleans This Weekend
- 1969 - The Fifth Dimension
- 3. Welcome, Earl
- 1968 - Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Look Of ...
- 1967 - The Fifth Dimension - Up, Up And Away
- 1979 - The Knack - My Sharona
- 2. Run
- A Virtual Choir
- 1. Sombrero
- ▼ September (68)