Monday, September 6, 2010
If you happen to be just tuning in and wondering about all this easy listening music from the 1970's and these numbered entries, well, here's the deal. I'm trying to write a poem a day during the month of September. September introduces Autumn, and Autumn brings with it nostalgia. This got me thinking about the background music in my life - how it kind of seeped into me, like it or not, and contributed to me becoming who I am . I thought I'd look at the Billboard charts and try to pick a song that made some sort of impression on me for my first eighteen years. I'm about 7 years in and it's been tough narrowing 100 songs down to one. Anyway, that's what's going on.
Posted by Glen Green at 10:04 PM
- ► 2013 (255)
- ► 2012 (243)
- ► 2011 (424)
- So Long, Lonesome
- 30. Windshield Wipers
- 29. Tangled Alright
- Low -Lullaby
- 28. Not Without Glory
- 27. Haiku For A Late September Morning
- Goddamn Thing Keeps Stalling
- 26. Infinite Samba
- 1984 - Let's Go Crazy and 99 Red Balloons
- 1984 - This Didn't Quite Make The Billboard Top 10...
- 25. Open House
- 24. The Hatch
- 23. Mansion Squatters
- 22. Long Distance Call
- Midnight Oil - Short Memory
- 1983 - I'd Have Gone Rockabilly If I Had Better Ha...
- 21. Dining Alone
- 20. Midlife Haiku
- Art Form
- 19. I Didn't Mow The Lawn, Again
- 18. Apple Picking
- 17. Transparent
- 16. Sniff? Sniff? Is that You?
- Sammy Ramone
- 15. Stand or Fall
- 14. Elders
- 1981- Devo and The Greg Khin Band
- 13. Oh Sleep
- 1980 - Gary Numan and Christopher Cross
- 12. Another Way Of Putting It
- 1979 - Styx and Toto
- Jack says...
- 11. 9/11
- 1978 - Patti Smith and Sweet
- Bethel, Alaska!
- 10. Quit It
- 1977 - Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle
- Wait Til Your Unconcious Gets Home
- 9. Walking In The Sand
- 1976 - Rhythm Heritage - The Theme From S.W.A.T.
- 8. This Year You Write Your Novel
- 1975 - Janice Ian - At Seventeen
- 7. Main Street
- Jack Says...
- Strangers in The Garden
- 1974 - The Loco-Motion - Grand Funk Railroad
- It's This.
- 6. Labor Day
- 1973 - Another Selection Because Rock Is Necessary...
- Two for 1973 - Jim Croce and Paul Simon
- 1972 - Saturday In The Park - Chicago
- 1971 - Joy To The World - Three Dog Night
- 5. Octopus Song
- 1970 - B.J. Thomas - Rain Drops Keep Falling on My...
- 4. Spared
- To My 6 Sentences Friends in New Orleans This Week...
- 1969 - The Fifth Dimension
- 3. Welcome, Earl
- 1968 - Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Look Of ...
- 1967 - The Fifth Dimension - Up, Up And Away
- 1979 - The Knack - My Sharona
- 2. Run
- A Virtual Choir
- 1. Sombrero
- ▼ September (68)